Surface designs are booming in recent years. With all-new designers and illustrators experimenting with creativity, this niche field of design is flourishing day by day. Art is subjective, and any artistic, creative person can excel in this field. There are few design instructions we will discuss, which will ease the process of designing seamless surface vector designs.
- Influence of environmental factors in creating original surface designs: -Material around us is the first impression any artist could feel nonchalantly. Drawings need not be complicated and overbearing; they can get inspired by simple elements around you. Research is the key before, spending an ample amount of time on getting precise pattern is a must before proceeding to illustrator. The traditional way of approaching any arts will always bring great results; drawing your ideas on a paper and having a rough idea before taking the support of technology is vital. Illustrations need to have a flow and a story behind it, merely putting non-viable elements together may not serve the purpose.
- Knowing the source of inspiration: -Every drawing needs to be an inspiration derived from an enormous cause. The ritual of collection of collages, magazine articles, photos will help build intellectual sources. Once you're confident with the inspiration source, the outcome will be apt and worthy. Designing surface repeat vector patterns mainly depends on knowing the demography, knowing the people whom to target will give broader acceptance on how to approach design. Using Color combinations and understanding the aspects of the Color cycle will provide an edge to your surface designs.
- Developing the designs curated: - creating beautiful textile designs with vibrant and appealing colors in one aspect, developing these designs into reality requires a thorough knowledge of tools like adobe illustrator and NED graphics. Selecting the right motifs and colors will encourage in creating a perfect surface vector design and repeat patterns.
- Tools required in developing surface vector designs: - A surface pattern designer needs to have information on various technological devices, which will help back up originally curated designs and patterns. To create modern, impactful surface designs, the use of several tools like photoshop, an illustrator is a must. These tools will lift your creation and shall give a new dimension to the whole look.
Steps Involved in Making Seamless Surface Vector Designs
To bring the visual aspect of your surface designs. Mastering in tools is very significant. Knowing photoshop and its nuisances will help you be creative, colorful, and artsy. A creative surface designer who banks on originality needs to have deep insights in technology today. With ever-changing technology, keeping you updated will help artists connect to the unknown world outside. Right from licensing your surface design to selling them to the client, everything can happen with the help of technology. Let's discuss some steps involved in building surface vector designs: -
- Start a profile: - selecting a suitable file to start your work is the first step. Using both illustrator and photoshop will help to create colorful surface designs. Size and Color settings are vital, hence choosing the right block size of your repeat pattern will help in achieving the final look.
- Transferring original design to the tool: - Depending on the particular seamless surface design made physically; you can decide whether to scan and use the same art or make a prototype with the help of a tool. Getting your original creative design on a digital platform is the main element. However, it would help if you focused on how to bring your art into reality. Vectorizing original surface design is the main target of the surface pattern designer.
- Transforming art to shape: - after transporting your design, changing, shifting, and rearranging, your artwork will provide good substantial flow and shape. This process is a crucial step and will take more time. This necessary step is the foundation for an excellent sellable surface vector design.
- Outlining, edging, and coloring surface vector design: - outlining the art and giving refined edges will give perfection to the whole outlook. Arranging the elements of design and able to repeat the patterns with correction precision is a difficult task here. For making a non-messy motif with a clear cut edge designer must spend ample amount of time at this step. Once this step gained mastery, testing, and repeating this over and over again is significant.
- Choosing background color with combination designs: - choosing the right background for surface repeat designs depends on the choice of the designer. This step is final and needs to look picture perfect. Keeping a not on color pallets and current pantone shades will make the design more bankable. Colorizing the original artwork and making it real with suitable combinations and patterns gives a high edge to the artist
Surface vector designs make artistic sense of the world around us come into reality. It adds character and elegance. Layering and coloring surface designs largely depend on how well the designer understood the technical aspects of the tools. The final look should be appealing and selling; hence, the surface designer should work towards this goal.